Beef Rendang U.S. Potato Shepherd’s Pie
Ready Time: 50min
Prep Time: 10min
Cook Time: 40min
Prep Method: Baked
There is a saying ‘pie makes everyone happy’. Do you know now you can use U.S. dehydrated potatoes to make the most luscious creamy pie yet nutritious too. Give it a go today!
Part 1 : Beef Rendang
- 400g Beef Topside, sliced
Part 1 : To Blend Together
- 20g Chilli Boh
- 50g Shallots
- 30g Garlic
- 30g Ginger
- 100g Onions
- 4 stalks Lemon grass, finely sliced
- 1 pcs Galangal (3cm)
- 6g Cumin powder
- 6g Fennel powder
- 1litre Thick coconut milk
- 1litre Water
- 100g Kerisik (Dry-fried grated coconut), pounded
- 20g Turmeric leaves, finely shredded
Part 1 : Seasoning
- 12g Brown sugar
- To taste with Salt
Part 2 : Mashed Potatoes
- 250g U.S. Dehydrated Potato Granules
- 150ml Water
- 30ml Cream
- 50g Butter
- 5g Salt
- 2g Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 1 Egg Yolk
Prep Time: 10min | Cook Time: 40min
Methods for Part 1
- Combine beef, coconut milk, water and blended ingredients in a deep saucepan. Simmer over low heat for one and a half to two hours until beef becomes tender.
- Add kerisik and continue to cook until the gravy thickens and drying. Add seasoning and turmeric leaves. Cook until the beef is almost dry.
Methods for Part 2
- Bring the water to a boil in a medium pot. Add in butter, cream, salt and pepper. Stir until the salt and butter has dissolved.
- Add in the U.S. Dehydrated Potato Granules and whisk until smooth.
- Allow the mashed potatoes to cool before spreading. Add the mashed potatoes into a piping bag with a star nozzle. Design as desired.
- Brush the mashed potato surface with egg yolk & bakes at 180°C for 20 minutes or until the golden brown. Serve hot.
Review This Recipe
Be the first to review this recipe by clicking the button below