Nutrition packed U.S. Russet Potatoes make this luscious dish a stand-out on your festive table this year for the whole family! Learn how to cook U.S. Russet Potatoes Mushroom Cheese Casserole this Christmas with Dietitian - Indra Balaratnam now!
• Heat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
• Line the thinly sliced U.S. potatoes into a lightly buttered baking dish
• Melt butter in a small pot over low-medium heat;
• Add in onion and mushroom cook stirring occasionally until tender (about 5 minutes).
• Stir in flour, then slowly add in the skim milk and stir till well combined. Bring to a slight simmer.
• Stir in 120 grams low fat cheese, salt, black pepper & cayenne pepper
• Pour mixture into prepared baking dish then spread out to coat the thinly sliced potatoes.
• Bake in the oven uncovered for 45 minutes.
• After 45 minutes cooking time, cover with foil and continue to bake another 10 minutes more.
• Garnish with finely chopped English parsley
Be the first to review this recipe by clicking the button below