Gut-friendly Miso U.S. Potato Salad
Ready Time: 20min
Prep Time: 5min
Cook Time: 15min
Potato Type: Russet
Prep Method: Boiled
- 2 medium U.S. Russet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1/2 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 Japanese cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1 small carrot, peeled and cubed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 Tablespoons Japanese Mayonnaise
- 3 Tablespoons plain Greek Yoghurt
- 1 teaspoon miso paste
Prep Time: 5min | Cook Time: 15min
- Boil U.S. Russet potatoes and carrots in a pot of boiling water over low heat for 10 minutes until the potatoes are fork-tender, strain and set aside.
- Mix sliced cucumber and onion with salt in a bowl and set aside for 10 minutes.
- Combine salad dressing’s ingredients: mayonnaise, Greek yoghurt and miso paste in a large mixing bowl.
- Add boiled U.S. Russet potatoes and carrots to the same large mixing bowl, mash and stir gently to combine.
- Place the cucumber and onion in a strainer and squeeze with a spoon to remove as much moisture as possible. You can also do this by wrapping them with a cheesecloth and squeeze it.
- Put the cucumber, onion and black pepper in the same large mixing bowl and stir to mix all the ingredients evenly.
- Wrap the bowl with cling film, refrigerate for 1 hour and then serve. Enjoy!
Jenny 2 years ago
I had tried this! My girl loves it so much!