Honey Mustard & Herb Scallop U.S. Potatoes
Ready Time: 85min
Prep Time: 15min
Cook Time: 70min
Potato Type: Russet
Prep Method: BakedOven
Recipe by: Consultant Dietitian Indra Balaratnam
Low fat oven-baked thinly sliced U.S. Russet potatoes cooked in an aromatic herb cream sauce.
- 2 medium U.S. Russet potatoes
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1 ½ cups low fat milk
- 1 ½ tablespoons flour
- 3 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 ½ tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh tarragon herb
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Salt & crushed black pepper to taste
Prep Time: 15min | Cook Time: 70min
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Wash the U.S. Potatoes well under a running tap.
- Using a mandolin, slice the unpeeled U.S. Russet potatoes into very thin pieces. Arrange them in a buttered casserole pan. Set aside.
- Gently melt the butter in a saucepan and sauté the chopped onions till lightly translucent.
- Stir in the flour.
- Pour in the vegetable broth and low fat milk and stir well.
- Add the mustard, honey, fresh tarragon herb & season to taste with salt and crushed black pepper.
- Gently cook on a low flame till the sauce starts to simmer and thicken slightly.
- Pour the sauce over the potatoes in the casserole dish.
- Cover with foil paper and bake in the oven for 40 minutes.
- After 40 minutes, remove the foil paper and continue to bake the casserole for another 30 to 40 minutes, till the top turns slightly golden brown.
- Serve immediately.
Review This Recipe
Be the first to review this recipe by clicking the button below