Learn how to prepare Sambal Lodeh Sweet U.S. Blue Purple Potato with Sabayon Sauce with simple steps! - Presented by Chef Bob
600 gm U.S. Blue Purple Potato - Slices
Ingredient A : Sambal Lodeh
200ml Red Onion (Slices)
100gm Garlic (Slices)
200ml Fresh Chili (Blend)
100ml Dried Shrimp (Blend)
50ml Tumeric Powder
30gm Bird Eye Chili (Smashed)
Salt To taste
50gm Fresh cockles Meat
30gm Glass Noodle (Soak it)
100gm Dried Bean curd Skin (Soak till soft)
500ml Coconut Milk
300gm Tamarind Sauce
100gm Long Beans
150gm Fermented bean (Tempe) Slice
100gm Dried Chili Boiled and Blend
3pcs Dried Tamarind
Salt To taste
2No Hard Beancurd (Cut cube)
Ingredients B : Coconut Sabayon Sauce
300ml Extra Virgin Coconut Oil
2No Egg Yolk
100ml Lemon Juice
Prep Time: 15min | Cook Time: 20min
COOKING METHODS :
1. Slice the U.S. Blue Purple Potato and deep fry till it is crispy. Set a side
2. Take all the ingredients listed under Sambal Lodeh (Ingredient A) and sautéed them in a hot pan till you get a good aroma and it is half cooked.
3. Add the hard beancurd, and the rest of the vegetables that has been cut accordingly in the recipe.
4. Add coconut milk and lastly tamarind sauce.
5. Portion it in small plates and add the coconut sabayon sauce on top.
1. In a bowl using double bath method, add egg yolk, sugar and coconut oil and start whisking it till the sauce become smooth.
2. Slowly add lemon juice and keep whisking it till it becomes a smooth foam.
Be the first to review this recipe by clicking the button below