U.S. Potato Vegetable Fritters
Ready Time: 30min
Prep Time: 15min
Cook Time: 15min
Potato Type: Russet
Prep Method: Pan Fry
Recipe by: Consultant Dietitian Indra Balaratnam
Crispy fritters of U.S. Russet potatoes with an assortment of colourful vegetables.
- 1 medium U.S. Russet potato – peeled & sliced into very thin strips like matchsticks
- 1/3 cup leek – very thinly julienned
- ½ cup yellow zucchini – very thinly julienned
- 1 medium onion – thinly sliced
- 4 spring onions – cut into 1-inch long strips
- 2 red chilies – thinly julienned
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup rice flour
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt to taste
- ¾ cup water
- 2 – 3 tablespoons oil for cooking
For the dipping sauce:
- 1 tablespoon soya sauce
- 2 teaspoons vinegar
- 1 teaspoon chili flakes
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame seeds
Prep Time: 15min | Cook Time: 15min
- Thinly slice the U.S. Russet potato and all the other vegetables. You should have approximately 5 cups in total of sliced vegetables. Place them into a large mixing bowl.
- Add in the all-purpose flour, rice flour, cayenne pepper, salt and water. Stir well to coat all the vegetables.
- Gently heat the oil in a non-stick pan and place tablespoonful of the potato and vegetable batter.
- Cook each side till they are golden brown. Once cooked, place them on paper towels to drain any excess oil.
- Serve with the dipping sauce.
Nutrition Information per serving: (U.S. Potato Vegetable Fritters only without the dipping sauce)
Review This Recipe
Be the first to review this recipe by clicking the button below