Vegetarian Kong Pao U.S Potatoes
Ready Time: 20min
Prep Time: 5min
Cook Time: 15min
Potato Type: Russet
Prep Method: Pan Fried
- 2 medium U.S. Russet Potatoes, cubed
- 1 small yellow capsicum, cubed
- 1 fresh chilli, sliced
- ½ onion, cubed
- 1 thumb size ginger, sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 stalk spring onion, cut in 2 inches long
- 6 dried chillies, cut into 1 inch long
- 1 tablespoon Szechuan peppercorn
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 handful cashew nuts
- 4 tablespoons Chinese black vinegar
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 50ml water
Prep Time: 5min | Cook Time: 15min
- Boil the U.S. Russet potatoes that has been cut into cubes for 10 minutes, drain and set aside.
- Heat up oil in a non-stick pan over medium heat, add in boiled cubes of U.S Russet potatoes and pan fry for 1 minute on each side until golden brown, then set aside.
- In the same pan, add in dried chillies and Szechuan peppercorns then sauté for 30 seconds, then return the U.S. potatoes cubes to the pan and stir-fry for 1 minute more.
- Add the onion, garlic and ginger and stir-fry for 2 minutes before adding in capsicum, fresh chilli and spring onions.
- Mix all the ingredients for the sauce in a small bowl until well combined.
- Pour in the sauce and stir-fry for another 2 minutes.
- Turn off the heat, toss in the cashews and serve!
Review This Recipe
Be the first to review this recipe by clicking the button below