Beef and Potato Stew
Ready Time: 75min
Prep Time: 10min
Cook Time: 65min
Potato Type: Russet
Prep Method: Boiled
Why we love it: There’s nothing like a bowl of hearty homemade stew, full of texture and flavor. We love this stew because it’s the kind that makes you go back for seconds and hope for leftovers.
- 1 lb. 85% ground beef
- 1 large russett potato, washed and cut into cubes
- 3 cups low sodium beef broth
- 1 cup water
- 1 6 ounce can tomato paste
- 1 10 ounce can mild rotel tomatoes, drained
- 1 cup diced yellow onion
- 1 15oz. can whole kernel corn, drained
- salt and pepper to taste
Prep Time: 10min | Cook Time: 65min
- Heat a large dutch oven or pot over medium heat.
- Add the meat and cook until brown.
- Drain the extra grease from the pot.
- Add in the potato, broth, water, tomato paste, tomatoes and onions.
- Bring up to a boil and then lower to a simmer for 30 minutes.
- Stir in the corn and season with salt and pepper.
- Cook for an additional 15 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Serve with crackers or corn bread.
*Stew can be frozen and eaten later just store in airtight container.
Review This Recipe
Be the first to review this recipe by clicking the button below