Turn leftover mashed potatoes into a fun, but filling snack with this gluten-free mashed potato donut recipe.
- 1 cup mashed potato (from about 2 medium-sized cooked potatoes)
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup Swerve sweetener
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 (5.3 ounce) container fat-free vanilla Greek yogurt (I used Dannon Light & Fit)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups Pamela’s gluten-free baking mix
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 to 3 tablespoons milk
- Sprinkles (optional)
Prep Time: 10min | Cook Time: 25min
- Preheat oven to 350 °F. Coat a donut pan with cooking spray.
- Combine mashed potato and next 7 ingredients (through vanilla extract) in a stand mixer and mix until combined.
- Whisk together baking mix and nutmeg. Beat into potato mixture but do not overbeat.
- Divide batter evenly among donut pan. Bake for 20 – 25 minutes. Be careful not to overcook.
- Meanwhile, combine powdered sugar and milk to form a glaze.
- Remove donuts from oven and let cool on wire rack 10 minutes. Remove from pan; drizzle with glaze and top with sprinkles, if desired.
Review This Recipe
Be the first to review this recipe by clicking the button below