U.S. Potato & Herb Soufflé
Ready Time: 45min
Prep Time: 15min
Cook Time: 30min
Potato Type: Russet
Prep Method: BakedOven
Recipe by: Consultant Dietitian Indra Balaratnam
A low fat, light potato soufflé with cheese & herbs.
- 500 grams U.S. Russet Potatoes -- peeled
- 4 eggs – separated
- 4 tablespoons no-fat Greek Yogurt
- 50 grams Parmesan cheese – finely grated
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Finely chopped parsley to garnish (optional)
Prep Time: 15min | Cook Time: 30min
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Lightly grease the sides of a casserole dish.
- Cut the peeled U.S. Russet potato into cubes and boil them in water till fork tender.
- Drain the U.S. potato cubes and mash with a masher. Allow to cool slightly as you prepare the other ingredients.
- Separate the eggs into different bowls.
- Mix the yogurt, lightly beaten egg yolk, grated parmesan cheese, ground nutmeg & dried thyme into the mashed potatoes. Stir well to combine.
- Season with salt & black pepper to taste.
- In a separate bowl, whip up the egg white with an electric hand mixer till it becomes opaque white and stiff peaks form.
- Gently fold in the whipped egg whites into the mashed potato mixture. Adjust the seasoning if necessary.
- Pour the mixture into a casserole dish. Top with a little more finely grated Parmesan cheese & a light sprinkle of dried thyme if you like.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes or until the top is a lightly golden
- Remove from the oven and allow to slightly cool. Sprinkle some minced chopped parsley. Serve immediately.
Review This Recipe
Be the first to review this recipe by clicking the button below