U.S. Potatoes Sesame-Scented Chips with Spicy Mayo
Ready Time: 10min
Prep Time: 5min
Cook Time: 5min
Potato Type: Russet
Prep Method: Fried
Chips dip is perfect to go along with weekend movie nights for families and friends. Try this new recipe other than your regular snacks. This can be easily prepared while waiting for a movie to start.
- 4nos U.S. Russet Potatoes
- To sprinkle : Salt
- To spray : Sesame oil
- For Frying : Oil
Spicy Mayo Sauce
- 250g Mayonnaise
- 40g Tabasco Hot Sauce or Sriracha
- 20g Lime juice
- 10g Chili powder
Prep Time: 5min | Cook Time: 5min
Method Preparing Sesame-Scented Chips
- To cut the U.S. waffle fries, slice downward on the end of a potato with a mandoline. Rotate the potato 90°, and slice downward again. Repeat this process until the entire potato is sliced.
- Heat oil to 160°C and blanch the U.S. waffle fries in batches for 5-7 minutes at a time, or until browning at edges.
- Remove from oil and strain on paper towels. Bring oil up to 180°C.
- Fry for second round for 2-3 minutes until golden brown.
- Spray with Sesame Oil & Salt to taste.
Method Preparing Spicy Mayo Sauce
- Whisk all the ingredients in a small bowl.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
Review This Recipe
Be the first to review this recipe by clicking the button below