Hash Brown and Egg Nest
Ready Time: 70min
Recipe by: Carissa Bealert, RDN
Numerous studies have suggested carbohydrate may be the primary macronutrient for sustaining and improving physical performance.6
- 4 cups of refrigerated pre-shredded potatoes
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup diced bell peppers
- 5 liquid egg whites
- 4 teaspoons salsa
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Olive oil spray
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Spray a muin tin with oil or non-stick spray.
- Combine potato shreds with garlic powder, salt and pepper. Evenly distribute potato mixture in muin tins and press the mixture in the middle using a spoon so that it forms a nest.
- Bake 30-35 minutes or until its golden brown with crisp edges. While nests are baking, combine eggs, onions, peppers, and salsa in a bowl.
- When nests are golden brown, remove from oven and ill each one with 1/4 cup of egg mixture. Top with cheese.
- Bake 15-20 minutes until eggs are cooked.
Optional: Top with extra salsa as desired.
Time-Saving Tips: Prepare a batch of Hash Brown & Egg Nests on Sunday, and store in the refrigerator (or freezer) to enjoy all week long.
Customizations: Toss in any leftover vegetables you might have on hand. If desired, add meat such as red chopped turkey bacon, ham, or turkey sausage.
Review This Recipe
Be the first to review this recipe by clicking the button below