1. Put potatoes in a large pot, cover with water, add salt. Bring water to a boil, reduce to a simmer, and cook until potatoes can be pierced with a fork, about 10-15 minutes.
2. Drain potatoes and add back to pot. Use a potato masher to mash the potatoes until they have a creamy consistency (a few small lumps are okay) and add lour. Stir until combined.
3. In a large bowl, combine all ingredients for the Thai lemongrass curry mixture. Add in mashed potatoes and let mixture cool for 30 minutes.
4. Form into cakes about 3 inches in diameter and 1/2 inch thick.
5. Heat a skillet with 1 tablespoon of olive oil over medium heat. (For the curry variations, try using coconut oil for extra lavor).
6. Add 3-4 patties in to pan and fry for about 3 min, turning over and cooking for another 2 minutes. Gently press on cakes for even browning. Remove from pan when deep golden brown on both sides. Repeat (adding more olive oil to pan if needed) for remaining mixture.
7. Serve immediately, or cool and store in plastic sandwich bags for eating on the go.
Time-Saving Tips: Substitute instant mashed potatoes.
Visit PotatoGoodness.com/PerformanceRecipes for more lavor variations on this recipe developed by Allen Tran, MS, RD, CSSD, including:Smoked Paprika and Chili | Indian Coconut Curry | French Herbs with Apples and Onion
Be the first to review this recipe by clicking the button below