U.S. Potato & Egg Pancake
Ready Time: 20min
Prep Time: 5min
Cook Time: 15min
Potato Type: Russet
Prep Method: Pan Fried
- 450g U.S. Russet Potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 150g frozen mixed vegetables, blanched
- 30g chopped onion
- 2 pcs hard-boiled egg, diced
- 15g flour
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp Vegetable Oil
Prep Time: 5min | Cook Time: 15min
- Steam potato for 10 minutes until soft.
- Mash it in a large mixing bowl with a fork.
- Add in mixed veggies, chopped onion, diced hard-boiled egg and flour.
- Mix all the ingredients in the mixing bowl with a spatula until well combined.
- Scoop 1 Tbsp of potato mixture onto the hand, shape it into a ball and then gently press in between palms to form a pancake shape. Repeat steps until all potato mixture is finished.
- Spray some oil in a non-stick pan. Place the potato pancake onto the pan, fry each side for 45 seconds over medium heat until becoming golden brown.
- Sprinkle some black pepper on top of the pancake before serving to enhance the flavour before serving.
Go light on the dipping sauce (e.g ketchup, mayonnaise) to help cut back your fats and sodium intake.
Review This Recipe
Be the first to review this recipe by clicking the button below