U.S. Russet Potato Muffins
Ready Time: 50min
Prep Time: 20min
Cook Time: 30min
Potato Type: Russet
Prep Method: BakedBoiled
- 3 medium-sized US Russet Potatoes – skinned, boiled and mashed
- 1 egg – lightly beaten
- ½ cup very finely grated carrot
- 1/4 cup finely chopped spring onion
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ cup (50 grams) shredded cheddar cheese
- Salt & crushed black pepper to taste
Prep Time: 20min | Cook Time: 30min
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC. Very lightly brush the non-stick muffin pans with some olive oil
- Cut the peeled US Russet potato into small cubes and boil in water for a few minutes till they are tender when pierced with a fork. Drain the potatoes and mash it up
- Add in the beaten egg, finely grated carrot, spring onion, garlic powder and cheddar cheese. Mix well and season it with salt and black pepper to taste
- Bake the muffins for 30 minutes until golden brown and crisp around the edges.
- Remove the pan from the oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes before gently taking it out of the muffin pan.
These muffins can be kept in the freezer. To reheat, just put them into the microwave for 40 seconds.
Review This Recipe
Be the first to review this recipe by clicking the button below