Vietnamese Rice Paper U.S. Potatoes Dumplings
Ready Time: 20min
Prep Time: 5min
Cook Time: 15min
Potato Type: Russet
Prep Method: Boiled
- 1 large U.S. Russet potato, peeled and cubed
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 30g carrot, chopped
- ½ fresh chilli, chopped
- 1 stalk spring onion, chopped
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 12 pieces Vietnamese rice paper
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
Prep Time: 5min | Cook Time: 15min
- Boil U.S. Russet potato cubes for 10 minutes until fork tender.
- Mash with a fork in a large mixing bowl.
- Add chopped shallots, carrots, chilli, spring onions, salt and white pepper.
- Mix all ingredients in the bowl with a spoon until well combined.
- Dip 1 sheet of rice paper in water and then place on a large plate or chopping board.
- Place 1 tablespoon of the U.S. potato mixture in the centre of the rice paper.
- Fold the rice paper so that the filling is enclosed inside. Fold the two sides inwards to make an envelope. Then roll up the rest of the paper further.
- Dip another piece of rice paper in water to double wrap the potato dumpling made in the previous step. This will give it enough firmness and it won’t tear easily during cooking.
- Repeat steps 7 and 8 until all the potato mixture is finished.
- Spray some oil in a non-stick pan. Place the U.S. potatoes dumplings in the pan and fry for 1.5 minutes on each side over medium heat until golden brown and crispy.
- Serve immediately and enjoy while still hot.
Review This Recipe
Be the first to review this recipe by clicking the button below