Deep Fried U.S. Potato Balls with Bacon & Cheese
Potato Type: Russet
Prep Method: Fried
- 100g U.S. Dehydrated Potato Flakes
- 40g Red onion, diced
- 20g Garlic, chopped
- 50g Bacon, diced
- 90g Shredded mozzarella cheese
- 10g Coriander leaves
- 70g Bread flour
- 4pcs Eggs
- 70g Breadcrumbs
- 5g Salt
- 5g Black pepper powder
- 500ml Vegetable oil
- 40ml Tamarind juice
- 5g Green chili, chopped
- 5g Sugar
- 10ml Fish sauce
- Boil some water in a pot. Once the water starts boiling, add the U.S. Dehydrated Potato Flakes. Stir it until the paste becomes thick. Turn off the heat and let it rest.
- Add some oil in a pan to sauté the garlic, onions, and bacon until they soften. Add it to the potato paste. Season with salt, pepper, and coriander leaves then mix well. Let it cool for 15 minutes.
- Place the flour, breadcrumbs, and beaten egg in separate plates.
- Roll the U.S. Potato into 30-gram balls each and stuff with mozzarella cheese inside.
- Firstly, coat the ball with flour, dip it in the egg then coat with breadcrumbs. Place the coated U.S. Potato balls into the fridge for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare the sauce to eat with U.S. Potato balls. Mix together the tamarind juice, green chili, sugar, fish sauce, coriander leaves, and garlic to make the sauce.
- Heat up some oil in a pan to fry U.S. Potato balls. Once the oil reaches 160°C, turn to low heat and fry the U.S. Potato balls until they turn golden brown. Serve with the prepared sauce.
Review This Recipe
Be the first to review this recipe by clicking the button below