Recipe by: Anthony Zamora, RD
This recipe is a twist on the classic potato salad. Greek yogurt is used instead of mayonnaise to increase the protein content, and potatoes are a nutrient-dense complex carbohydrate.
- 4 small yellow potatoes (about 21 oz.), scrubbed and washed
- ¼ sweet yellow onion, small diced
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- 1 5.3 oz container of plain Greek yogurt, 2% or nonfat
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
Optional Mix Ins
- 1 cup pulled chicken
- ½ cup small diced celery
- ½ cup diced bell peppers
- ¼ cup shredded cheese
- Hot sauce, to taste
Prep Time: 10min | Cook Time: 10min
- Poke potatoes with a knife or fork several times around the potato. Place on a microwave-safe plate.
- Microwave the potatoes on full power for 7-9 minutes, or until they are soft and easily cut in half.
- While potatoes are cooking, combine eggs, onion, Dijon mustard, and yogurt in a bowl. Set aside in the fridge.
- Chop cooked potatoes into bite-size pieces. Place potatoes in the refrigerator until cooled completely, about 15 minutes.
- Combine potatoes and yogurt mixture, season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with optional mix-ins as desired.
Nutritionals are for 1/2 of the recipe.
Review This Recipe
Be the first to review this recipe by clicking the button below