Fluffy Whole Wheat U.S. Potato Roll
Ready Time: 60min
Prep Time: 45min
Cook Time: 15min
Potato Type: Russet
Prep Method: Baked
- 200g all-purpose flour
- 100g whole wheat flour
- 30g U.S. dehydrated potato flakes
- 50g butter, softened at room temperature
- 10g yeast
- 40g sugar
- 1 egg
- 250ml milk, room temperature
- ½ teaspoon salt
Prep Time: 45min | Cook Time: 15min
- Add yeast, sugar and U.S. dehydrated potato flakes to milk and let it set for 5 minutes.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, whole wheat flour and salt.
- Add the yeast, sugar, and U.S. potato flakes mixture and egg to the same bowl.
- Stir with a spatula until a dough forms, about 3 minutes.
- Let the dough rest for 10 minutes.
- Add the softened butter and knead the dough for 10 minutes until it becomes soft and smooth.
- Dust the work surface with flour, scrape the dough onto the work surface. Dust the top of the dough and shape into a log.
- Cut the dough evenly into 12 small pieces of dough.
- Roll the small pieces of dough and shape into a round shape.
- Lightly oil a baking tin with oil spray and place the balls, smooth side up, on the tin. Line them up 3 x 4.
- Leave to rise for 30 minutes and then brush the surface of the dough with a little egg wash.
- Place the baking tin in the preheated oven and bake at 180 °C for 15 minutes.
- Serve hot!
Review This Recipe
Be the first to review this recipe by clicking the button below